John Weygang Optometrists LLP is a company that has been established for over 40 years and during that time has come to develop a strong reputation within Gloucestershire for providing high-quality eyecare to its patients.
We are a group of five inter-connected, community-based practices located in and around the city of Gloucester and it is this accessibility along with our varied clinical expertise that we pride ourselves on.
Our practices can be found in Abbeymead, Churchdown, Clarence Street, Hucclecote and Quedgeley.
We look forward to seeing you.
Welcome back to John Weygang Optometrists LLP!
We are pleased to announce that, as of 1st July 2020, we have reopened our Abbeymead, Hucclecote and Quedgeley practices; with our Churchdown and Clarence St practices reopening from 3rd August 2020.
However, due to Government policies, NHS England guidelines and ‘best practice’ advice given by our various professional organisations, our operations will be a little different from what you have experienced before. This is because your safety, as well as the safety of our staff, is of the utmost importance now so please bear with us whilst we take these necessary precautions. To this end, we will be operating on an appointment only basis for all visitors to the practices for the foreseeable future and, as such, a locked door policy will be in place.
Although we are able to carry out sight tests, we have to prioritise those who are experiencing eye-related problems or who need to see us for urgent reasons. We also, as you can imagine, have a backlog of patients who are waiting to see us. Therefore, we would ask that if you are due a routine sight test and you are not currently experiencing any eye-related problems that you please defer your booking for the time being. However, if you are experiencing an eye-related problem or are concerned in any way then please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to see you as soon as we can.
We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for your understanding at this time.
To prepare you for your visit, please read through the following key points and watch the video below:
- Where possible, please attend the practice on your own.
- If a child under the age of 18 is booked in for an appointment then we ask that only one parent/guardian attends with them and no one else.
- If you require a friend, family member or carer to bring you to or to come with you to your appointment then we ask that this is only the one person. However, please be prepared for the fact that they may have to wait in their vehicle whilst you are in the practice.
- Where possible, please make sure that you wear a mask or face covering when you attend the practice.
- Please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible.
- We are operating a locked door policy so please be prepared to wait outside of the practice until we are ready for you to enter.
- Please sanitise your hands upon entering the practice. You will find a bottle of hand sanitiser by the door for this purpose.
- Where possible, please maintain approved social distancing when in the practice.
- Everything that you will come into contact with in the practice will have been thoroughly disinfected beforehand.
- Please do not take any frames off the frame bars yourself. We will do this for you.
- Toilets will be reserved for staff-use only.
- For the foreseeable future, we will not be taking any payment(s) by cash so please be prepared to pay, if necessary, by card.
If you have any questions or concerns about your visit then please do not hesitate to contact us.
And just to show you that we are still able to carry on our good work...
''Thank you so much for sorting me out a new temporary pair of glasses as my old ones broke during lockdown and left me unable to see properly. Fran went out of her way to help me find a solution which meant I could see and we maintained social distancing. I will be back when we are allowed to have appointments again for an up to date eye test and new pair of proper glasses.''
Lee Taylor-Pockett (Facebook)
If, like Lee, we've helped you out in some way during the COVID-19 crisis then please let us know. We would love to hear from you.